Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Wednesday again

OK, quick one for today – just found I have to come in at 5am tomorrow morning again, for a new software install. Just what I need, another day of sleepwalking.

I was talking prior about trees in spring bloom. This is the pink one around town –


It’s the purple leafed plum. No fruit, but the leaves are a nice deep purple, quite a contrast to the dull grey-green of native plants. They don’t last too long due to the climate, so no really big ones around, but they are loverly this time of year. I’ll try to get a shot of the white ones. This one is in front of my workplace, about twenty planted along the street – makes for a nice show.

For politics, thanks to Rob for pointing at another good Guardian article.

And for striped Lisa, here’s some competition:

No comments: