Monday, January 16, 2006

Seven things (again I think)

Thanks to Miranda (I’ll figure out a way):
Since several of hers looked pretty good I snitched them directly. (well, you didn't say I couldn't)

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Learn how to put up with idiots.
2. Make it back to Baynac, France. About my favorite place ever.
3. Learn to speak French so that when I go back I can hold a somewhat inteligent conversation with the locals.
4. Get back to the weight I was three years ago.
5. Get all my bills paid off.
6. Keep better notes, so when asked to do things like this and I think I did it before I can find it again.
7. Oganize! (please, don't look at my desk or workbench)

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Keep silent when somebody acts like an idiot when driving. Fortunately I keep my fingers below window level and hope they can't read lips.
2. Keep silent at a meeting when other people are saying/doing really stupid, innane drivel.
3. Not volunteer. Somehow I got talked into something again, after promising to keep quiet. (no, not at work, at a club I'm part of)
4. Better handle multiple things - like the seventeen work orders and three business requests I am in the midst of.
5. Not laugh at others (as long as it doesn't affect me) (Read Dana's post for today)
6. Not pull out that credit card when I want something.
7. Tell my boss he's given me too much and I need help. Without fearing for my job, and the 'well, if you can't handle that maybe we better find somebody that can'.

Seven things that attract me to blogging
1. Ability to share with people that don't say NO! (without even knowing they say no)
2. Post pictures and think that people like looking at what I like.
3. Learn about people I would never come in contact with otherwise.
4. The idea that I might someday meet some of these people I read every day.
5. Learn about places I probably will never get to (Sorry, Minnesota in January is not my idea of fun. But then neither was Rochester and I was there for three winters)
6. Find out some places I would like to visit. (small towns in England and Scotland are now on my list)
7. Ability to say whatever I want without somebody interrupting.

Seven things I say most often
1. Really?
2. You want it WHEN?
3. And now for something completely different. (you should know where this comes from)
4. How does he make his voice do that? (a little harder - Firesign Theatre's Adventures if Nick Danger, Third Eye)
5. Yes, dear (with that little nasal whine)
6. Sure, I'd be happy to!
7. Let me get back to you on that. (in other words, piss off, I am not interested and don't care)

Seven books I love
1. Harry Potter (yes, all of them, so that should count for six)
2. Dune
3. The Door Into Summer (Heinlein)
4. Siddhartha
5. Webster's Dictionary (of course I can't spell)
6. The Yellow Pages (to find that place I almost remember)
7. Lord of the Rings

Seven TV series I would watch compulsively if I only had the time
1. Coupling UK (what guy doesn't love that little blond?)
2. Trading Spaces (UK - with Linda & Carol)
3. Dr. Who
4. Monty Python
5. CSI (the original, heck with the rest of the cities)
6. The Red Dwarf (British thing going on here?)
7. Austin City Limits (OK, varied music but it's on every week)

Seven Movies I could watch over and over if I only had the time
1. Golddiggers of 1933 (ereway inay the oneymay!!)
2. 42nd Street (you're going out there in the corus but coming back a star!)
3. Godldiggers of 1935
4. Footlight Parade (Busby Berkely theme going on here?)
5. Beauty and the Beast (Cocteau version)
6. Orpheus (again, Cocteau)
7. Top Hat (yea Fred & Ginger!)


Did I really do that? Must really not want to get back to that (those) problem here at work.

And from Lisa, some thoughtful questions:

If Milli Vanilli fell in the woods would someone else make the sound? (or are you all too young to remember MV?)

If a mute child swears, does his mother make him wash his hands with soap?

What color would a smurf turn if you choked him?

Can you throw a pyschic a surprise birthday party?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?

No comments: