Monday, November 24, 2008

Video Monday - Annie Lennox

I saw that on yesterday’s music awards Annie Lenox was given an award for achievement (whatever that means) so I figured that I would put up some of my favorite Annie songs. Well, I thought I would, but it looks like all the ones on YouTube are blocked from embedding, so here are some links if you want to bounce. One of my favorites is TheThere Must Be An Angel, I don’t know what I like best, her rhyming towards the end or Stevie Wonder’s harmonica. Here, more for the strangeness of the video, No More I Love You's.

How about Hugh Laurie before House? Another video that looks like it’s been made by the same producer, in the French court of the late 1700’s style, Walking on Broken Glass.

It’s interesting how YouTube puts up some strange links under related videos. For no reason other than it was there, here’s the Techno Chicken


And because it will be the ‘official’ start of the Christmas shopping season on Friday, though this year looks lit it might be a bust for retailers, who have had decorations out since freekin’ SEPTEMBER (what’s with that?): Elvis and Martina McBride doing Blue Christmas.

On another topic, Danny Ganns has finished his run at the Mirage. He was a favorite of Steve Wynn, starting there back when Wynn ran the place. He became the top biller on the Mirage sign after Sigfried and Roy departed the scene. Now that a second tower is being added to Wynn, called Encore, there is a new theater being created for him and in February he will start at Encore. As his closing number Dannie, who specializes in imitating voices, performed It’s a Wonderful World as ten different performers: Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Ray Charles, Willie Nelson, Tony Bennett, Kermit the Frog, George Burns and, of course, Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong, who first released the song in 1967. So let’s show Louie’s version:

No comments: