Wednesday, October 05, 2005

seven things

Somebody gave me some homework a while back. I will not name names, you know who you are. They haven't come asking to see why it wasn't done, but here we go:


7 things I plan to do before I die:

1) Learn to speak French. (so I can understand things when I go back)
2) Go back to school and get an MBA (good dream on this one).
3) Live in France for a while. (I just loved the place, and the food . . .)
4) Pay off all my bills. (who hasn't dreamed of this?)
5) Ride a gondola in Venice (Italy, not Vegas).
6) Look good on at least one drivers license photo. (OK, show me yours)
7) Own a new Mercedes SL (love the sports cars).

7 things I can do:

1) Install new lights and wiring around the house without burning it down (yet).
2) Make one hell of a chocolate cake. Actually, cook in general.
3) Understand computers.
4) Say no.
5) Put in plants and have them live.
6) Put together a great BBQ gathering. (No, Melinda, not for a thousand, but I can do 100 in my backyard)
7) Drive in Vegas for two years with no tickets or accidents. (with these drivers? You try it)

7 things I cannot do:

1) Put up with obnoxious people. (just want to punch them in the nose)
2) Sing. (No, DM, no karaoke night with me up there)
3) Keep my mouth shut. (I always have to make my opinion known, but getting better at shutting up)
4) Eat what I want whenever I want. (Both my stomach inside and my wasteline outside prevent this one)
5) Run marathons. (puff too much just walking up hill)
6) Remember where I put my (fill in the blank).
7) Accept things as they are as opposed to as they should be. (see #3 - and I'll tell you about it)

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:
(In no particular order, well, OK, in order of importance.)

1) Brains. (OK, Jessica looks great in those Daisy Dukes, but swimming chicken?)
2) Class. (well that shuts out Anna Nichole, as if she would make the list anyway)
3) Great frequent smiles and the ability to laugh. (See the Brits below)
4) Appearance – not too skinny. (no Paris Hiltons for me)
5) Willing to try new things.
6) Happy doing good things again and again.
7) Confidence in themselves.

7 things I say most often:

1) "That sounds interesting"
2) "And so you would like to .."
3) "Sorry about that"
4) "I love you" (to selected people of course)
5) "Thanks for doing that"
6) "Are you sure you want to do that?”
7) "OK, looks like you were right"

7 celebrity crushes:

1) Catherine Deneuve (as she was in The Hunger - now that's classy)
2) Linda & Carol from Trading Spaces (love those British/Scottish accents and laughs)
3) Grace Kelly (as in Rear Window - that accent, more class overall)
4) Lauren Bacall
5) Martina McBride (the smile)
6) Elizabeth Hurley
(OK, does an interesting accent theme seem to be happening here?)
7) Hillary Clinton (I love the brains, and ability to put up with all the bullsh*t and with Bill)

7 Favorite movie scenes (not movies) and why:

1) John doing the Twist in Pulp Fiction – now that’s class.
2) On the bandstand in Back to the Future – what nerd never dreamed of being in front of the group and getting applause?
3) The diner from Harry Met Sally – OK, what guy can not watch that one?
4) The banquet from Cocteau’s Beauty and the Beast – with the faces in the fireplace and arms holding candles – just dreamy and romantic.
5) Out in the parking lot in Thelma and Louise – guys that force themselves deserve to be shot.
6) Out on the boat at the end of Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstein – after putting up with all that, now this?
7) Any dance in a Fred and Ginger movie – don’t have to watch long, and they did move beautifully together.

7 people I want to do this:

Do it if you want to, no homework given here.


I added the movie scenes - if you haven't done them then add to your list. And give explanations for things, I always like to know why people think the way they do.

No comments: