Monday, August 27, 2007

Thanks, D

OK, thanks Deana. I don’t usually do these, but for a sexy blond I guess I can get talked into most anything (like most guys).
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Well, I don’t have a middle name. I’ve never thought about having one, but the one I find most amusing is Mortimer, don’t know why (sorry if any of you are named Mortimer). But for a hit like this I should pick something short, like Bob – hey, that would work, Joe Bob, sounds pretty redneck, doesn’t it? Or if you look at how I sign my blog ‘Joe In Vegas’ I guess I can use the name ‘in’, huh? But let’s go with the Mortimer, even if it will take longer. (That reminds me, I still have a crayon one to do, but that takes more imagination).

M – is for money. Yea, I don’t live for it but for some reason I seem to spend a lot of it, requiring me to work instead of lay around the pool.
O – is for ornery. (well, Word dictionary did take that on so I guess it’s OK). When I set my mind on something I get rather stuck, and it takes quite a lot to make me see things differently.
R – is for rationalize. I usually need an explanation for everything and have to rationalize other people’s behavior, though I usually still don’t understand most of it.
T – is for time. There is so much that I want to do that I don’t seem to have enough time for it. Yes, I talk of laying around the pool, but my list of things to do and places to go and people to see is still out there.
I – is for imagination. I’ve got a pretty good one, and all it takes is a little phrase or glance or small push to get my mind wandering all over the place. It does come in handy when programming, as I have no problem in bouncing around a problem in seventeen different directions and coming up with good answers.
M – is for macaroni. Don’t know why, but I just can’t think up another M word. Well, I can think of more M words but macaroni is more polite in mixed company. But more relevant would be music. I can’t stand silence, and so always have a radio on in the background, or now my Ipod Shuffle clipped to my shirt listening to my favorite list of songs (as in right now). So, let’s say music and ignore the macaroni part.
E – is for effort. Whatever I do I put a lot of effort into it. For some reason it doesn’t seem right to just skate by without working hard.
R – is for responsibility. If I get involved in a project for some reason I always feel responsible for a good outcome. It doesn’t matter if I’m part of a team or just helping somebody else, if it doesn’t turn out the way I want it to then I feel responsible for it.

And no, I will not ask anyone else to do this. If you want to please feel free, but then go tell Deana that you did it.

No comments: