Friday, August 29, 2008

E cooking

In following the tradition of Clare we return again to E Friday, where I post photos of my darling granddaughter E, because VG really likes to look at these pics. Well, I like to look at them also. So, back to my fuzzy camera used in Portland pictures.

One of the reasons we drove up to Portland for E’s birthday party was so that we could take a car full of stuff along. After much discussion as to what to get her we decided that an appropriate gift would be one that would start her on the long road to womanhood and a life of enjoyment, a stove so that she could start practicing cooking. (stop hitting me, stop, please). Rather than get one of those plastic ready made things (we did get one off of Craigs list for her to use in LV) I decided to put my woodworking skills to good use and constructed one, with burners, and oven and a little sink. In order to fit more in the car we brought this in pieces, and put it together when we got there. She helped with the construction as well.


At least I think she was happy with it.


Look - did you notice? Sunshine in Portland! I did the construction part and B did the painting part. Hopefully it will last and be played with.


We also got her lots of other stuff – so please don’t call us cruel grandparents for getting her started on domestication. She likes bugs, so we also got her a bag of bugs. You can see some of them in the above picture, on the plates ready for serving. Of course they must be properly cooked prior to serving


We did get served a lot of bug salad and scrambled bugs and even some tea while we were there. She even washed the dishes too.

No comments: