Friday, February 03, 2012

E Friday - Barbie!

It’s E Friday! Where I post photos of our loverly granddaughter E (when I remember to suck them out of the camera and put them up on my server). On one of her trips down we went to the Golden Steer restaurant (one of Vegas’ old style places) and after dinner (a place with Steer in the name and she and her mom ordered fish?) she followed my heart and asked for chocolate cake.


She liked it. The rest of us went for the Cherries Jubilee, flamed right at the table. Evidently the fire code requires a special permit for flames in public places, and not many restaurants get one. It was nice (photos posted a while back).

We also found out about another love


For five days it was “Granddad will you play Barbies with me?”. She is very imaginative, but for some reason we always ended up walking over to a club and having something to eat, then taking Tanner (the dog) to the dog park, after changing outfits of course. For five days. Granddad kept waiting for Ken to step up and help, but he always wanted to go dancing.

7 comments:

stephen Hayes said...

You're one lucky grandpa. She's adorable.

Pamela said...

bet she thinks you walk on water

Virginia Gal said...

Joe - sorry I've been awol of late. Read the post about Buster, breaks my heart. I'm not a big animal person but poor Buster seems so fragile, I could just hug him.

Lisa Rullsenberg said...

Oh God she is looking SOOOO grown-up! I mean that as a wonderful thing obviously but I remember that first pic of you holding her!

SOL's view said...

I have memories of playing Barbie's with the girls. The youngest used to get narky because I'd never be serious...

I've ordered garlic prawn fettucini at a steak house. Darned good it was too! :D

Miss E is looking very grown up. :D

Colleen Barnett said...

Rotten old Ken is never around when he's needed. Kind of an absentee husband, isn't he??

The Blonde Duck said...

I loved playing dolls with my grandfather.