Friday, August 24, 2007

E Friday - the tongue thing

In following the tradition of Clare we return again to E Friday, where I post three photos of my darling granddaughter E, because VG really likes to look at these pics. Well, I like to look at them also.

When E and her mom were down from Portland visiting in June/July (yes, that’s when most of these pictures were taken, I’ll not get any more to replace them until they visit again, whenever. B it due to go up in September, so hopefully I’ll get a batch from that trip) we took them to E’s favorite restaurant, the Red Robin. She likes the food there, and the one close to our house has a number of animals similar to ones that were on merry-go-rounds; there's several horses and a big lion and a tiger that we usually sit next to - you can see his striped leg behind us. A great many of the pictures I’ve been posted were taken there, mainly because I had the camera and just filled up that little digital chip with my continuous clicking. Guess I should just get a digital movie camera and let it run continuously and just pull out the frames that look good. B is having too much fun when they are around to think about taking pictures so it’s mainly up to me.

While sitting waiting for our food E was playing with the crayons and coloring the little kid’s menu that they give out. As we were sitting for some reason she started making faces. I think we were comparing the size of our mouths when discussing how much we could eat.


We began comparing how far we could stick out our tongues. I think she won.


Looking at some other photos from the visit it seems that the tongue thing might be a more familiar pose than I remember. Here she is on the bigger kid’s swing in our back yard, which she finally learned to sit on. Up until then she was always in the chair swing strapped in with her animals. She played on this swing by laying on her stomach, but never quite got the concept of holding on with her hands to keep from falling off. She hasn't even tried moving her legs to keep herself swinging, since granddad (oh, that still doesn't seem right) or grammy is always at hand for a push. A short while after this shot she forgot again and started waving at things, resulting in her ending up on her back in the grass. Fortunately, as you can see, I did not hang the swing very high, so it was not a long fall.


Look Lisa, stripes!

No comments: