Monday, August 18, 2008

E Friday (late again)

In following the tradition of Clare we return again to E Friday, where I post photos of my darling granddaughter E, because VG really likes to look at these pics. Well, I like to look at them also. Sorry I’m late VG, but I took the weekend to do plumbing and found out again that it is not a profession for me. I think it’s not leaking now (after three take aparts) but I am afraid to look.

When they were down here last I made fancy pancakes for Sunday breakfast. Wondering what I was doing, E of course wanted to help. She was just marvelous at measuring and mixing. I made my famous lemon ricotta pancakes, filled with lemonly deliciousness, but E is a blueberry kind of girl, and unfortunately I asked so we ended up with lemon pancakes filled with blueberries. They were still really good, probably better but I can’t say that.

Of course, we first had to play with the little pyramids that the fancy tea comes in.


Yes, the morning hair is marvelous, no?

Then came the measuring phase. This was very well done with minimum spillage.


Of course, what comes next? Yes – the eating part, which is what all the before stuff is all about.


Hair in the syrup isn’t all that great, so the application of a stretchy thing was permitted. And she gets to use the famous pickle fork. Notice the decorative lemon slice on the edge of the plate, which was sampled but rejected in favor of blueberries. Notice the abundance of blueberries in the pancake, which was at an acceptable level.

No comments: