Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Three holiday things

Thanksgiving Holiday Season: three things I like about it:

1. The anticipation of roasting that big bird that’s been sitting in my refrigerator for two days (only 13 lbs this year). Smelling all the things cooking all morning, then getting to sit down and enjoy it all. And then having turkey sandwiches for another week with the leftovers.
2. Five days in a row off – the longest break I’ve taken from work in two years. (yes, I’m and American not a European who is smart enough to take their vacations).
3. Getting together with family for the day. This year it’s just DD and E, but since I don’t get to see E much she will probably be enough. Look for yourself:



Enough stripes to make Lisa jealous, I bet.

Oh, and go over and visit Belinda Bell and read some poetry, and say hi!


Thanks to Clare.

And a follow on to Lisa and several others, I’ve been trying a post a day for November, hopefully even if it’s just a small one. (we’ll see if I can make it through the long weekend)

No comments: