Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bellagio Conservatory Christmas 2012

While wandering around the Bellagio we usually end up in the Conservatory to see what magic the gardeners have brought. They change the decorations to match each season, and have quite a storage room of items, as well as a number of greenhouses to supply plants. There is usually a big tree for Christmas, and sometimes tall wooden soldiers and polar bears covered with carnations and penguins, lately they have added large toy trains with video cameras so that you can watch the train and then see yourself on the monitor as it goes by. I tried out the panorama setting on my new iPhone, it came out quite nice:


I'm surprised there is any floor visible, the crowds were so large and packed in. They sometimes have fountains that shoot big streams of water over the crowd, and several times had snow machines up in the top. We caught it one year when things were being changed, and I was surprised at how deep those areas are where the plants are placed, which lets them put really big boxed trees in.


7 comments:

angryparsnip said...

awwwwwwwwwwww, nice !

cheers, parsnip

SkyMommy said...

Wow, that picture did come out nicely. I love that feature on the iphone.

Blond Duck said...

Ben went when he was in Vegas-- he never did take me!

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Joe, I just saw the Bellagio last weekend as you know. The first time I came in and saw the Chihuly glass ceiling, I cried. It did help that there were only a few people in the lobby and their were strains of Puccini opera in the background.

Bises,
Genie

Rob said...

Must get one of the new iPhones.

Blond Duck said...

A new soup recipe up this week! Hope you like it!

That Janie Girl said...

You did that on your new iPhone? Shoot. I better read my manual!! That's awesome!