Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Three early February things

1. It is a bright clear sunny day, and I can enjoy the sunrise behind the mountains as I drive towards the east on the way to work. It goes from black with all the valley lights twinkling ahead of me to a nice pink/orange coming from behind Sunrise Mountain. In a few weeks the sun will be peeking over during the morning drive, saying hello to me in its own way.
2. To be healthy and enjoy doing the work myself on my house. All of the heavy deconstruction is done and now it’s on to adding back and making a place where I can cook and bake and have fun.
3. To get a very nice letter from granddaughter, seeing how well she can write and how smart she is. Remembering her as I write back and answer her questions.

8 comments:

SOL's view said...

Must be about time we had some more E photos, yes?? :D

Colleen Barnett said...

And some photos of the sunrise, Joe!

Thanks for sharing!

Graciewilde said...

You made me smile! This time of year is hard for me but thinking of your sunrise, your new kitchen, and your granddaughter? That makes me glad for you and hopeful for me. Things will get better (meaning warmer mostly).

Blond Duck said...

I can't wait to see what recipes you post!

That Janie Girl said...

I can't wait to see the kitchen!

A letter from your granddaughter? How COOL is that?

Things to treasure….plus a sunrise.

Yum.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

That's a pretty nice list, Joe. Of the three, I would probably say that #3 is the best. Good for you for writing her back.

Bises,
Genie

Rob said...

They all sound good. and yes, more E pictures due, I think.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Life's simple pleasures are the most precious Joe, enjoy!