Friday, January 11, 2013

Country girls

A good opportunity for C&W fans this week, you can see both Faith Hill and Shania Twain. Faith and her husband Tim McGraw are at the Venetian, Shania is over at Caesar’s Palace – both acts have extended contracts, and will be in town for a few weeks, then back every four months or so for another few weeks.
For those of you that don’t know who they are, this is Faith

And a little faster


(not sure which of those outfits she’ll be wearing, but if Tim’s here it will probably be jeans)

And here’s Shania from her first album


Here she is at 40 (Faith’s about the same age, both in their mid 40’s)


Your choice, blond or brunette. Faith & Tim have a more intimate show (in the old Phantom theater that holds 2,500) while Shania has a big production, she rides in on a flying motorcycle and later rides a horse on stage (in the Coliseum which holds 6,000).

10 comments:

will said...

She's a good intro to Sunday Night Football. That's all I know of either singer.

That Janie Girl said...

I love both Faith and Tim, and Shania!
Maybe I will come out in February with my customers!

Virginia Gal said...

Joe - I just got caught up on your blog, i am sorry to hear about Buster, I'm not a dog person but I liked him. I hope he is in doggy heaven, were there are tons of fire hydrants and the bones are free.

SOL's view said...

I remember seeing an interview with Tim, he came across as a very down to earth performer with a great respect for his wife and her work. I liked that.

Hubby used to love Shania. We have her Up! album.

I reckon it would be a hard to chose which one I'd like to see!

Blond Duck said...

I wish I could go! I love them!

Megan said...

Riding a horse on stage? That sounds like quite a show. And I find Tim and Faith an adorable couple.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Haven't seen them sing for ages, both gorgeous women hey Joe.

JoeinVegas said...

I watch those videos and am extremely envious of Tim and consider Mutt to be an idiot. Of course I don't know the details. But dreams of red dresses . . .

Colleen Barnett said...

One of our local AM radio stations, Cruise1323, plays chill out music, and Faith and Shania both feature. Along with some othe 80's New Romantics type stuff. It's a great listen if you're ever looking for something different.

Rob said...

My daughter is REALLY hoping Shania will be on when we pass through Vegas (the dates aren't out that far ahead yet). The rest of us are just hoping (without the squeals...)

Just got her autobiography out of the library: looks fun.