Friday, January 18, 2013

Two scenes from The Doctor

Yes, I will admit it, I’m a Dr. Who fan. I started watching the Doctor on BBC rebroadcasts on public television about thirty years ago, and was quite pleased when the new doctors started appearing. My favorite two episodes are Blink and The Doctor’s Wife.

In Blink we see very little of the Doctor, he is first seen in a video where he describes what has been happening: (for those of you that are David Tennant fans)


In The Doctor’s Wife the essence of his Tardis is transferred into a woman, so this is the first time he can have a conversation with the Tardis in the seven hundred years. This incarnation of the Doctor is played by Matt Smith, who seems to be doing a tremendous job. This episode was written by Neil Gamon, a fantasy author that I find interesting.


Two interesting scenes from probably dozens I could post. They just remind me of the episodes they came from.

3 comments:

JoeinVegas said...

I think that's my favorite line at the end, and the Doctor doesn't even say it. After going on about the Tardis being a woman, Amy says 'Did you wish really hard?'

SOL's view said...

The Doctor's Wife I haven't seen! Actually so many episodes I haven't seen. It would have been an amazing episode. Ah so much to look forward to. :)

Rob said...

Funnily enough The Doctor's Wife was repeated on one of the BBC channels tonight.