Monday, September 13, 2010

Talk like a Pirate

Ahoy Maties - Arrrg – this be a reminder te ya tha international talk like a pirate day be just one week away. Next Sunday, Sept. 19, everyone a ya should be talkin like a pirate – Not this kind of pirates


But them kind


For more information yer can goes ta the Official HQ page. This event seems to be more fun over in jolly old England than here in the colonies.

So remember, don’t be talkin like this guy


Unless you dress like him too. But the good news is those last two maties will be in a new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, in production now.

Update:
Arrrr, you've asked how to talk like a pirate matey, from the American site

7 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

I loved the first Pirates but hated the second and third one!

Colleen Barnett said...

I love the Pirates movies, all of them. It will be different without Ms Swan in the next one!

So, me harties, we all be talkin like them thar pirates, shall we?

Yes, I do think you need to be somewhat english to get away with it...

Las Vegas Mama said...

This salty wench loves herself some pirates, sez me, sez I!!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

All I know in pirate is ahoy and arrrrrrrrr.

will said...

... as long as Depp walks the plank, over hungry sharks, that is.

I think that last good pirate movie was Captain Blood w/ Errol Flynn. Of course Wallace Beery was pretty good as Long John Silver in Treasure Island.

SOL's view said...

Arrrrr ya scurvy sea dogs! Shiver me timbers and all that.

Sorry Will, I loved the pirate movies cause I be a Depp fan. That said, another of my faves is Muppet Treasure Island. :)

Thanks for reminding me Joe. I always forget.

Pamela said...

I hope I remember.
on Facebook I love the Pirate language choice