Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday

I purchased some shoes that I have been looking for for a long time. Several years ago I started seeing little kids with shoes that had lights in the bottom, and they blinked when they walked. I've been looking for big people shoes like that for a while, and have never found them. A few Chrismases ago my wife bought me some little people's shoes with the lights and I cut out the light control circuit and the lights, trying to find some sneakers with a thick enough sole to put them into. Well, as usual, procrastination got in the way.

Then someone mentioned shoes they saw at the dreaded W@lm@rt. This is a place I detest, due to their philosophies, and try not to go to. We sometimes get stuck doing it, as at times they are the only ones with a specific item. Well, a few weeks ago I went in and found these:


I tried to get a shot of the lights on, but you know how it is. Anyway, you get a small spot of red off the back one. They have a light at the back, lights on the sides of the heels, lights on the side up front and on the toe. Best thing - $12! Now I wear them to work, and walk across the dark G hall and twinkle in the dark. I love them.

No comments: