Monday, November 19, 2007

OK GO - Monday Videos

Tina referred me to this group (thanks for the reminder T), they seemed interesting. Named OK GO. Wikipedia has a nice writeup on the group. Guess I like them because they seem like geeks. They are listed as one of the most viewed groups on YouTube. Their first big video was made in a backyard in LA, and featured some of the group’s famous choreography.


I had a dream about it last night, picturing DM, Beth, Keem and I dancing in my back yard like this. I was the guy in the purple vest, DM was the lead singer; with her experience at Karaoke I figured she would be good. I didn't picture the treadmill dance, I would probably be flying all over the place.

How cool for a group – to just set a camera up on a tripod and dance around their backyard, none of the Michael Jackson $20,000,000 budget for a video, no fancy cuts or backup dancers. But their most viewed one is of them performing on treadmills. I showed this to B yesterday, and we both wondered how many bruises were obtained from sliding off while rehearsing. All in one take, that’s a lot of steps to remember.


I don’t know why, I just like the turning on of the music with the remote at the beginning, and the slide and walk away at the end.

No comments: