Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Monday vids - MoTown

Several weeks ago our local PBS station was running a pledge break – we watch a lot of things on PBS, the documentaries are pretty good and we like the Sunday Night Mystery shows – and they were playing a show about MoTown and the Fabulous Funk Brothers. There are several YouTube videos posted from the show, but most cannot be embedded, I’ll still put click links to a few, but it also brought to mind some musical groups from the same time period. One of them that was really big was the Temptations:


I like the coordinated outfits and choreography. I also liked Marvin Gaye


Ray Charles was a big voice then. Whenever I hear his rendition of Georgia I think about this claymation short that came out when president Jimmy Carter was in office

3 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

It sounds so fun!

The Blonde Duck said...

Puppies are wonderful!

The Blonde Duck said...

I've actually never had a meatloaf sandwich, but I've always wanted to make one!