Friday, July 23, 2010

E Friday - performing

In following the tradition of Clare we return again to E Friday, where I post photos of my darling granddaughter E, because VG really likes to look at these pics.

We’ve had this electric guitar for a long time. It doesn’t have strings, but buttons on the neck that you push to play different notes, and buttons on the bottom you push for it to play a background drum thing or even whole songs by itself. E used to like setting it on the floor, pushing a song button, and walking in circles around it. For hours. Now that she is bigger and taking violin lessons up in Portland (I don’t think she asked, her mom thought it might be good for her) she is learning how to hold and instrument and even though it doesn’t have strings she is playing songs herself instead of letting the guitar do all the work. When visiting last she wanted a stage set up (with backdrop) so that she could put on a performance.


It seems to have been well received.


I think a cake was made to celebrate the event. Yes, she did help with the preparation and icing of it (photos posted a while back on those)

5 comments:

Don said...

How can you go wrong posting photos of that little cutie? I like the idea of music lessons for kids; just didn't like it all that much when I was one. (Hmmm, also didn't like it when our daughter was trying to learn the trumpet!)

Kristina P. said...

She looks to be the next Mick Jagger!

We live in SLC, so we make the trip to Vegas a few times a year. I love a little debauchery in my life. It was actually my word for 2010.

Jammie J. said...

She really is growing up so fast. But her love of cake is a constant. :)

The Blonde Duck said...

She can have her cake and eat it too!

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy Tuesday!