Thursday, January 26, 2012

Speaking Scottish

Rob has been very kind in trying to educate me in how to speak like a Scotsman. I was able to work my way around France quite well, but I think I might have a problem in Edinburgh. To start you out slowly with Billy Connolly


But then we can step right into Rob’s posting, which doesn’t allow embedding but please go listen to it: do you understand it?
Thanks Rob.

Around our house our little dog Buster is really slowing down. Not sure how old he is, but he joined us from the animal shelter back in 1994, the vet then thought he was about four years old. Whatever it is, he’s put more hours in our house than any of the kids (they left every day for school while he stayed home). He’s almost blind and deaf and pretty shaky walking around, and sleeps most of the time. He usually finds the soft little bed we got for him, but sometimes he just lays down wherever he ends up.


He does move around once in a while.

12 comments:

stephen Hayes said...

Twelve is a good life for a dog. I hope he just has a case of the blas and is frisky again soon.

Suzy said...

I was hired to be in Indecent Proposal as Billy's "funny keeper." It was a long shoot and comedians were hired to hang around with the stars to keep them from getting bored. Billy was so sweet. LOVE HIM. After a history of alcohol abuse he's been sober now for hundreds of years.

And as to Buster, is there anything more heartbreaking that seeing a dog round out his final years? That pic of him "almost" in his bed broke my heart.

My dog died and I never got another one. I'm not the person who handles death of a pet well. AT ALL.

JoeinVegas said...

Steve - 2012 - 1994 = 18 years with us, +4 = 22 as an estimate for his age.

Colleen Barnett said...

Wow, 22 sure is a good innings, Joe. poor little fella, he's doing well to still be hobbling around. Big hug for Buster xx

Don said...

Buster seems to be doing pretty good for an old guy. Hopefully he'll have a comfortable end as well.

The Blonde Duck said...

Buster needs a heating pad. The Babies love it.

Colleen Barnett said...

Joe - good question re the 4WD! I agree with you - if all 4 wheels operate independently it should be 4WD. But apparently there is a slight difference, and the biggest problem is ground clearance. Plus 4WDs have a high and low range gear box where Terry is automatic. But, so long as he can play with the big boys, Fluffy is happy with it :-)

The Blonde Duck said...

Hope Buster is feeling better!

Pamela said...

I have three friends who lost their old dogs recently ...
a lot of grief!

What a great life your dog has had. Can you imagine what would have happened to him without you.

Bless you!

Rob said...

Buster seems to have had a good life.

You posted a different STW link from mine, but yours contains the first sketch of theirs I ever heard (at around 8:00 - the guy making a will). Back in 1979 I definitely needed translation. The following song "Our Glens" isn't challenging though, and became very popular in Scotland.

Rob said...

I love the Billy Connolly story, and knowing Glaswegian women I can believe it really happened.

A Daft Scots Lass said...

♥ Billy Connolly ♥