Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Weird Al

Weird Al Yankovic is an entertainer from Los Angeles. I first heard him quite a few years ago performing live with his accordion on the Doctor Demento radio show. He did a lot of remakes of Michael Jackson songs, some of my favorites include Beat It


Al's version is Eat It


And I'm Bad


becomes I'm Fat


He didn't just pick on Mike, he did some original stuff, and followed other bands, such as Nirvana




What brought Al to mind was his most recent undertaking, a Lady Gaga tribute


Not sure, but for some of them I like Al's version better.

7 comments:

will said...

Weird Al's OK but I was a big fan of Dr. Demento's live radio show way back on KMET in Los Angeles. Dead Puppies, Pencil Neck Geek and all the rest.

SOL's view said...

Weird Al. Says it all really. I enjoy most of his stuff. The Elder has a LOT of his cds!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Weird Al's songs always make me giggle.

Colleen Barnett said...

Weird Al is big in our house. My daughter loves his stuff as much as I did when I was younger. Our favourite is I'm Fat and Eat It. Particularly the clip for I'm Fat. Thanks heaps for the vids, Joe!

Virginia Gal said...

I use to find him so amusing back in the day. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Rob said...

I love Weird Al. My favourite is still his Bob Dylan palindromes one.

http://youtu.be/Nej4xJe4Tdg

Persephone said...

Weird Al has always had a loyal following up here in Canada, and he repays it by taking playful swipes at us and our recording artists. (At least, I think he's being playful...) As a result, my favourite Weird Al parodies are "Jerry Springer" (Barenaked Ladies - "One Week"), "Headline News"(Crash Test Dummies - "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm"), "A Complicated Song" (Avril Lavigne - "Complicated") and of course "Canadian Idiot" (Green Day - "American Idiot")